Wednesday, August 5, 2009

travels [italy]

Whenever I get the chance, I reminisce about my time in Italy. Last night I spent a little time going through some pictures in preparation for a book I making about my time there. I kept a journal almost everyday and took over 1200 pictures, which, looking back isn't a lot considering I was there for three months, but at the time, it felt like a lot. I just love to look back at all of the photographs. Each one holds a different memory for me. I would give anything to go back and just walk through a week in the life of my days as a student at Santa Chiara in Castiglion Fiorentino...waking up to go running in the hills before the rest of the town wakes, showering and walking up to Hermes for breakfast and to spend time reading and working on my Bible study (I seriously did that almost every day), going to class, walking to the train station to take the train to Florence. Once in Florence heading straight for the open air market and getting a bag of dried fruit before spending the afternoon walking around and then heading back to a home cooked Italian meal every single evening. Life cannot be any better, I'm convinced. So, to reminisce with me, here are a few pictures from my trip...I'm sure as I work more and more on the book, you'll be seeing more on here, and probably more stories as well.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Happy Wednesday!

3 comments:

Unknown August 5, 2009 at 10:41 AM  

man o man! these photos are excellent! looks like you had a wonderful time :D

J + A August 5, 2009 at 10:24 PM  

these are amazing!!! can we order prints?!

BRANDI August 10, 2009 at 8:18 AM  

I was just doing this the other day! I'm by no means as dedicated as you are to making a book, but I've been organizing and sorting, and putting a little something together. Miss you friend! We should catch up soon!

About Me

My photo
I am passionate about photography.

About This Blog

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP