Thursday, July 9, 2009

around san antonio [the boot maker]

Yesterday I went to a boot maker's shop to photograph him for the San Antonio book...his shop is filled with years and years of hard work. Remnants of old soles lie in a pile under his work table, old grease and polish on the floor, and so many different kind of tools are all over the place. He is a Spanish speaking resident and fixing shoes and boots has been his only trade. His son, 19, works in the shops at the front desk and translates when he needs to. I was only in the for thirty minutes yesterday and 4 or 5 different customers walked in for help with their shoes or belts. His shop has a very small town feel to it. It's just him, his son, and his wife who work there. It's great to know places like this still exist. I know I've got some shoes that need mending...I'll definitely be heading over there with them.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

2 comments:

Jessica Kok July 9, 2009 at 9:05 PM  

Nice! Love the last one especially.

David July 10, 2009 at 9:47 AM  

I need to go there.
Great shots.

About Me

My photo
I am passionate about photography.

About This Blog

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP