Thursday, July 2, 2009

italy [archives]

This morning opened all of my images from my semester abroad in Italy during the fall of 2006. I am starting to create a 12x12 book combining all of my favorite photographs from those three months and all of my journal entries. I'm really excited about this project, although it will be a long one. To make the process easier, I created an action to re size all my images appropriately, save into a certain folder, and close. I've used actions before, but this was only the second time I created one specifically for my own purposes and I am super excited about the amount of time it is saving, going through over 1600 photographs for me, haha...it's all about efficiency over here.

Anyways, I just wanted to share this one image with you...it might be one of my absolute favorites...well, there are many, but this one represents everything Castiglion Fiorentino was to me. I used to run from the church down into the mountains every morning, blasting my iPod in my ears (it's a wonder I can still hear). Running in Italy is my favorite memory. It was so peaceful, so perfect. We stayed in the old monastary that had been converted to dorms for students studying in Italy. It was to the right of the church. And every morning the bells in the church would ring. It was the most beautiful noise in the world. Castiglion Fiorentino was perfect for me. It's a small community that thrives on the students coming and studying there. All of the community loves the students. We got free pastries, lots of smiles, and some giggles as we struggled through the language. I miss Italy...I'll make it back one day, but for now...the church:

Photobucket

1 comments:

J + A July 3, 2009 at 8:31 AM  

Hooray for running memories!! My favorite runs ever were through the streets of Peru...runs in foreign countries are fabulous!!

About Me

My photo
I am passionate about photography.

About This Blog

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP