Monday, July 27, 2009

laredo [mission trip]

Get ready for a long post. Last week I was in Laredo with the high school youth group from Redeemer Presbyterian Church, where Matthew is the youth director. We joined up with a church from Pennsylvania to help build the sanctuary of Iglesia La Vid and to help with their vacation bible school. It was so tiring. I helped with the vacation bible school every day. In the morning we spent an hour dancing, then we had some craft time, game time, music time, and snack time. We finished vbs off with more dancing! It was one of the best work outs I've had in a long time. For lunch, women from the church prepared meals for us each day and in the afternoon I helped in the sanctuary. I worked to put up sheetrock and supervise some of the youth. I also took pictures...lots and lots of pictures:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

1 comments:

Unknown July 28, 2009 at 5:48 PM  

You did such a great job chronicling this trip! I love the smiles on the kids' faces. The joy of the Lord truly is their strength, and it shows, especially when they're exhausted!

About Me

My photo
I am passionate about photography.

About This Blog

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP